• NUMBER
J/18759
  • DATE OF DEATH
23rd July 1943
  • GRAVESITE
Choloy War Cemetery, France 3.F.15
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
born 23.01.1920, Morinville, Alberta, Canada
son of Francis Octave (1895-1955) and Ninette/Leonie (nee Duvernois) Lavallee (1895-1972), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
civil occupation house painter
resided 108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta
29.06.1940 entered service Edmonton
air gunner
SOE Op.Princess, France
Halifax DK119
crashed Le Boucheroux, near St Sauvier, Allier, France

Last edited by a moderator:
I found more pictures and enhanced them

Attachments

• 3.remini-enhanced.jpg
    3.remini-enhanced.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 1
  • Louis Max Lavallee2.remini-enhanced.jpg
    Louis Max Lavallee2.remini-enhanced.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Louis Max Lavallee.remini-enhanced.jpg
    Louis Max Lavallee.remini-enhanced.jpg
    822.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 347418488_3173154039651119_9174924629227767549_n.remini-enhanced.jpg
    347418488_3173154039651119_9174924629227767549_n.remini-enhanced.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
  • SURNAME
Lavallee
  • FORENAME
Louis Max
  • UNIT
161 Squadron (R.C.A.F.)
  • RANK
Pilot Officer
  • NUMBER
J/18759
  • DATE OF DEATH
23rd July 1943
  • GRAVESITE
Choloy War Cemetery,France 3.F.15
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
son of F.O. and Leonie (nee Duvernois) Lavallee,Vancouver,British Columbia,Canada
air gunner
SOE Op.Princess,France
Halifax DK119
crashed Le Boucheroux,near St Sauvier,Allier,France

Bonjour.
Je suis Français mais je vais m’efforcer de parler anglais grâce à un traducteur !
Hello.
I wrote the story of the crash of Halifax DK119 and its survivors. I had the story translated into English thanks to a friend.
If you are interested and if you publish this kind of information, I can send it to you in pdf format so that you can post it on your site.
Best regards.
Michel03

Bonjour.
Je suis Français mais je vais m’efforcer de parler anglais grâce à un traducteur !
Hello.
I wrote the story of the crash of Halifax DK119 and its survivors. I had the story translated into English thanks to a friend.
If you are interested and if you publish this kind of information, I can send it to you in pdf format so that you can post it on your site.
Best regards.
Michel03
Hi Michel,
Yes that would be great. Ok to add here to thread as an attachment and i will create a tag for DK119.
Or if you would like to send by email webmaster@specialforcesroh.com

Bonjour.
Hello.
Best regards.
Michel03
You don't know me but Louise lavallee was one of my great uncles. His brother married one of my great grandma's kids. I've been looking into the story so I can share it with my grandma. If you wouldn't mind could you please send me the PDF? Hinztony007@gmail.com
It'd be nice to know what happened in more detail than what I already got which isn't much.

You don't know me but Louise lavallee was one of my great uncles. His brother married one of my great grandma's kids. I've been looking into the story so I can share it with my grandma. If you wouldn't mind could you please send me the PDF? Hinztony007@gmail.com
It'd be nice to know what happened in more detail than what I already got which isn't much.
The tag for DK119 contains the link to the PDF, here you go : https://www.specialforcesroh.com/DK119/Crash_St-Sauvier_English_version.pdf