Sub Lt AL Tuckey And HM Levant Schooner 24 (Captured 20th April 1944)

Simon Goodwin

As part of a Project begun in 2007, and supported by the local Flamstead History Society, I am currently researching the histories of 53 men from the village who died in WW1 and WW2 - many of whom are named on the Village War Memorial.

One of these men was Sub Lieutenant Allan Lane Tuckey of the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve.

As best I can establish he, along with a crew of four others (Ronald Edward Carpenter RN, NA Velissariou, MN Lisgaris and D Trandadyllou), were captured while transporting an SBS team near to the Isle of Alimnia in April 1944.

They were all interrogated and then executed.

Our aim is to create a written record of the sacrifices of these 53 men and I, therefore, would be very keen to learn anything more of Sub Lt Tuckey, his men or the mission he was engaged in when he so tragically died.

Simon,

If you contact me on skipodonovan@gmail.com I can give you information about Sub Lt Tuckey, Telegraphist Carpenter, and 'The Alimnia Patrol'. I recently stopped at Flamstead to take photos of your War memorial with regards to Alan Tuckey.

All the best,

Skip