Military Service Records

Elsa you really need to contact the SAS Association in London by post for SAS records. look for their address on their web site. But SAS soldiers had parent units so you could write to Glasgow Army Records. It will take a year to get a response from them. Do you know what unit he was in originally? For example my father was in the Gaurds originally but transferred to the SAS and I was able to get some of his records from the Guards depot London and quite quickly too. Once the SAS came back to Britain they were incorporated into the 'Army Air Corps'. Graham
Thanks Graham.
I wrote to the SAS Association some months ago (also to thank them because a member attended his funeral) but haven't heard anything from them.
I think he was with the Army before the SAS, so I'll fill out the army part of the form & try that way.